PASSIVE SOLAR HOME ON 70 ACRES, BOBIN, MID NORTH COAST, NSW
Location / Area
Bobin, near Wingham and Taree, Mid North Coast, New South Wales
Property Type / Size
A 70 acre lifestyle property with a large 2 storey, 3 or 4 bedroom passive solar home.
It has frontage to Dingo Creek and is just 5 minutes from both primary school and store. It has ample water and power, and has ADSL broadband connected.
This property is in a rich dairy and beef cattle area.
It has been developed by the current owners and includes:
- Main house
- Guest room/laundry building (with bathroom)
- Garage and workshop
All are adjacent to one another and access the large outdoor living/entertaining area.
|Garden & House||Lounge/Living||Rear of house & Garage|
This is a passive solar dwelling (when it’s 40° degrees outside it’s 26° inside).
- Double brick bottom storey with exposed timber beams
- Hardwood timber 2nd storey, fully insulated, with cathedral ceilings and rotary vents
- Floors are slate (bottom storey) and polished timber upstairs
- Carpeted lounge room and stairs
- Cork tiles in kitchen
- Feature timber panel wall.
The lower floor includes:
- Open plan kitchen and dining room with
- Electric stove
- Slow combustion stove
- Large walk-in pantry
- Cellar room
- Cosy lounge room with open fire; the fire has a Jetmaster insert for winter heating
|Living Area||Kitchen||Outdoor Entertaining|
The upper floor has:
- 3 large bedrooms with built-ins
- Bathroom with bath, shower and vanity
- Separate toilet
- Drying cupboard for towels and clothes
- Ample hot water from solar hot water system and slow combustion stove
- Low maintenance property (no lawns to mow)
- North facing floor to ceiling windows with solar backed curtains and pelmets
- Large outdoor deck (approximately 138 square metres) and paved area with wood fired barbeque
- 90,000 litre concrete water tank with gravity feed to house. Dingo Creek provides the water which has a 3” Ajax piston pump to fill the tank
- 500 litre rainwater tank (drinking water)
- Biolytix sewerage treatment system
|Master Bedroom||Guest Room||Main Bathroom|
This adjoins the house and could be easily converted to a granny flat/in-law accommodation.
- Laundry room with shower and toilet
- Carpeted bedroom with built-in robe
- Covered breezeway from house
Garage, Gardens etc
- Garage and workshop with concreted under vehicle pit and hobby/store room
- Chook house & run
- Vegetable garden
- Fully mulched garden areas
The farm has:
- Tractor/machinery shed
- Timber cattle yards, crush and ramp
- 6 paddocks, 50% cleared with native (drought proof) pasture. Has broad leaf paspalum and some kikuyu
- 4 dams for stock water (able to be accessed from the 6 paddocks)
- Good fencing throughout
- Dingo Creek frontage (large flowing creek)
- Potential for horticulture uses (nursery, fruit trees etc)
- Ample timber for fencing, cabins, yards etc
- Ideal for beef cattle or horses
There are electrical submains to a level area ideal for a nursery, hot house etc
This property is:
- 5 minutes from Bobin village, school etc
- 5 minutes from Marlee (store and village)
- 33km from Taree, 21km from Wingham
- Approximately 3 ½ hours to Sydney or 2 ½ hours to Newcastle via dual carriageway
- Close to great beaches at Forster, Old Bar and Harrington, plus the beautiful Manning River
|Creek||View from House||Garage & Garden|
- Large house with large living areas, ample water and low power usage
- School bus at front gate (including secondary schools)
- Minutes to shop and village
- Lovely farm area with potential for horticulture
- Guest room with potential for in-law accommodation
- Fish, swim or canoe in Dingo Creek
- Well planned and low maintenance
- Easy drive to Taree and Wingham plus surf beaches
- Ample employment and business opportunities in Taree area
This property is an ‘oasis’ area with good rainfall and rolling green hills. It is prime rural land ideal for many uses. This is an ideal and affordable lifestyle property within an easy drive of both Newcastle and Sydney.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.