AQUACULTURE/AQUAPONICS FISH FARM ON 80 ACRES, DARLING DOWNS, SOUTH EAST QLD
Pittsworth, South East Queensland
Near Toowoomba and Darling Downs region.
Property Type / Size
This is a commercial aquaculture (fish farming) operation on an 80 acre rural property, just 2 kilometres from Pittsworth CBD.
It features a quality 4 bedroom family home, sheds, silos and
large infrastructure able to produce up to 100 tonnes
of quality fish per annum.
‘Calgara’ is a very well developed property with a lovely home and potential to provide a substantial income from an easy to operate aquaculture and farming operation.
|Large Indoor Operation|
This is a brick veneer split level home, fully landscaped and ideal for family living. It features:
- 4 bedrooms (upstairs) with views
- Modern kitchen
- Large modern bathroom
- Large living areas
- Entertaining area
- Double Lock Up Garage
- Verandahs on both upper and ground floor levels
- 55,000 litre rainwater tank
This is a quality home, built approximately 30 years ago.
It offers a great lifestyle and ample space for family living.
|4 Bedroom House|
Aquaponics / Aquaculture Operation
This is a large indoor operation with:
- 960,000 litres of recirculated water
- Purging tanks
- Fingerling tanks
- Anaerobic digester
- 1 mega litre storage pond
- 26 mega litre irrigation licence
- Bore equipped with submersible pump (pumps approximately 1,600 gallons per hour.
- Approximately 48,000 litre water tank (bore water)
- Approximately 76,000 litre rainwater tank (collected from roof of aquaculture shed)
Potential for combining the 2 operations together ie Aquaculture and Aquaponics.
|Grow Out Tanks||Isolation Tanks||Grow Out Tanks|
|Filtered Water||Market Ready Fish||Fingerling Cages|
This is 30m X 40m fully enclosed with a 3” thick insulation panel.
- Plant alarms and security monitoring 24hrs days.
- Hand nets and crowding net
- Commercial packing scales
- Feed weight scales
- Photometer (water quality measurements)
- O2 meter
- Secci disc
- Fingerling cages
- Hand graders for fingerlings (35,40,45,50,60,80,100,120)
- Hand graders for grow out fish (140 & 180)
- Feed bins and buckets
- Transfer bins
- 1 High volume sand filter
- 3 purification plants for purging and isolation tanks
- Hoses, airstones, fittings and various spare parts
- 150 KVA backup generator with automatic startup and shutdown
|Air Blowers||Sheds||Ample Water|
|Fingerlings||Market Ready Fish||Backup Generator|
Property Details / Improvements
The property has:
- 55 Acres of cultivation
- 20 Acres grassed country
- Gently undulating black to chocolate basalt soils
Sheds / Etc
- 60ft X 30ft machinary shed with fully enclosed workshop
- 200 bale hayshed
- 3 phase power connected
- 3 silos of approximately 150 tonne capacity (2x 40 tonne, 1x 75 tonne)
The property is fenced into 2 paddocks.
|Aquaculture Operation||Fingerling Cages||Close to large markets|
- Fully operational fish farm on Darling Downs
- Includes lovely 4 bedroom family home
- Ample water from bore and sheds
- Close to large markets @ Brisbane, Gold Coast or Sydney
- Includes other sheds plus cultivation area
- Potential for marketing via “Farmers Markets”
- Great machinary shed with workshop
- Good soils and climate
- Easy drive to Brisbane. Toowoomba or Gold Coast
- Potential for combining the 2 operations together ie Aquaculture and Aquaponics.
This is a rare opportunity to own and operate an aquaculture operation with good potential.
It is an ideal husband and wife operation close to the lovely city of Toowoomba (shops, schools, sports and medical facilities).
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.